South African Bodybuilding and Fitness

South African Bodybuilding, Strength, and Fitness forum - "Knowledge is Confidence". We offer nutrition advice, health-and-fitness tools, a highly engaged and supportive fitness community, and resources that are 100% free. Our bodybuilding and fitness forum inspires, motivates, and supports our members to build healthy and sustainable habits. Far beyond just weight loss, MuscleTalk helps everyone learn to eat better and exercise regularly - for life.

General health and fitness topics specific to women. Discuss female training, nutrition, competing and getting into shape. Introduce yourself!
By Michelle
I think this should probably be in the exercise area, but I wasn't sure if this might affect more woman than being a general thing, anyhow here is my dilemma:

I'm a 30 year old female
I've been working out for a couple of months now. I do lots of squats with weights as well as body weights. I want my legs tight and firm! I also need to lose some fat I'm sure of!

I'm trying to understand what is exactly going on as I am training them. They are much much firmer and I think the fat to muscle ratio is changing but they still look the same size! I guess, I just don't quite understand what is happening as they change and not sure if it is normal or not :/
By StrontiumDog
Do you mean you want your legs to be slimmer? That will only come by reducing body fat percentage.

And of course there will be limitations as to how slim you can get them (in terms of general shape) due to genetics.
By shoreknee
StrontiumDog wrote:Do you mean you want your legs to be slimmer? That will only come by reducing body fat percentage.

And of course there will be limitations as to how slim you can get them (in terms of general shape) due to genetics.
What does your diet look like?

After all the rain, and even hail in some parts of[…]

New Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa has on[…]

HMT Amped Hardcore Fat Burner

Earlier versions had Yohimbe iirc would be interes[…]

INTRODUCTION This thread will attempt to cover a […]