South African Bodybuilding and Fitness

South African Bodybuilding, Strength, and Fitness forum - "Knowledge is Confidence". We offer nutrition advice, health-and-fitness tools, a highly engaged and supportive fitness community, and resources that are 100% free. Our bodybuilding and fitness forum inspires, motivates, and supports our members to build healthy and sustainable habits. Far beyond just weight loss, MuscleTalk helps everyone learn to eat better and exercise regularly - for life.

General Questions about fitness, bodybuilding, exercises and working out, basically anything about fitness that does not fall into other categories.
By Noobly
Based on the science we have training to failure is optimal for hypertrophy. The thing is I rarely see most pros train to failure. Didn't dorian train to failure on just about every set?
Personally I have always made my best size gains in the 12-20 rep range. My best strength gains in the 6-8 rep range. Then again if you look at Olympic lifters they have huge huge quads, spinal erectors, and often very well developed traps and delts but rarely do more than 3-5 reps during their training.

I also find it hard to believe training a muscle once per week is really optimal especially for small bodyparts like biceps,calves etc which often recover in 24-48 hours.
By Sypher187
I haven't in a bit but used to always train to complete failure every set. Always see better results when I do.

I generally mix it up though. Some weeks I will hit legs every single day and other weeks I will hit chest every single day, then arms etc.

Depends on what stage of my physique I am in. In the state I am in now I will need to hit more full body workouts to get that heart rate pumping :P
By TomDeans
Syepher187 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:55 pm
I haven't in a bit but used to always train to complete the male edge failure every set. Always see better results when I do.
Same here. Unless I train to failure I never feel like I've done enough.
Pain Killer Pills For Sale

WHATSAPP/TEXT/CALL:+1(443) 281-3429 EMAIL:famketra[…]

http://www.globexdocumentations.com/buy-drivers-li[…]

Buy Firearms online,Buy Glock pistol online,Buy Gl[…]

Buy Nembutal online https://www.nembutalwarehouse.[…]