South African Bodybuilding and Fitness

South African Bodybuilding, Strength, and Fitness forum - "Knowledge is Confidence". We offer nutrition advice, health-and-fitness tools, a highly engaged and supportive fitness community, and resources that are 100% free. Our bodybuilding and fitness forum inspires, motivates, and supports our members to build healthy and sustainable habits. Far beyond just weight loss, MuscleTalk helps everyone learn to eat better and exercise regularly - for life.

Post your workout journals online so others can see what you are doing and follow your progress!
This journal will chronicle my quest to shred fat and gain lean mass and get back into the best shape of my life.

In 2013 I lifted religiously and was in the best shape of my life, I followed Kris Gethin's first 12-week hardcore trainer and saw the results, but personal reasons, relationships and life/work coupled with a good amount of laziness saw me balloon from 100kg to 120kg with a bodyfat % of 23. I grew tired of this lifestyle and know I need to change.

I realised Kris Gethin started a new 12 week trainer, knowing I did the first one and rendered the results I made the commitment for the next 12 weeks to prove to myself I can do it again.

In this Thread I will post my daily progress, motivation and workouts.

Workout Program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-ge ... ainer.html

Diet:
Training day macros ( 30 percent protein, 50 percent carbohydrates, 20 percent fats )
Non-training day macros ( 40 percent protein, 30 percent carbohydrates, 30 percent fats )

Callories per my bodystats: 3906

TRAINING DAY MACROS
Protein = 293g
Carbs = 488g
Fats = 87g

NON-TRAINING DAY MACROS
Protein = 391g
Carbs = 293g
Fats = 130g

The reasoning behind the breakdown is this: On your training days, your muscles require more fuel, which means more carbohydrates are necessary. But on your non-training days, you need to recover, which is why your protein is up. For optimal recovery, your hormones also need to be balanced, which is why your fat is up and your carbohydrates are down on non-training days.
I bought my food for the week, well actually I buy about 3 days worth of stock at a time, simply just because I do not want to overstock my fridge and risk food going bad.

I bought Chicken Breasts, Fish, Rice and spices ( especially Cayenne pepper ) I am a very big fan of Cayenne to boost the metabolism. I started prepping my meals for tomorrow, I bough some plastic containers to package my food in. I am going to eat six meals as that is the only way I am going to get the macro nutrients in that I need.

Tomorrow morning I am going to have some egg whites with oats, then my meals will consist of 100g chicken and 50g rice, the chicken will be slightly/lightly covered in extra virgin olive oil, or coconut oil to get the fat content in. (This diet will change in the week as my planning evolves)
Last edited by Sypher187 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Rolan"]Damn Brother!

I watched that video just now, that Kris Gethin trainer looks fcking hardcore! Have you done this sort of thing before?[/quote]
Yea buddy! He is the real deal, I did his first trainer back in 2013 and it was an incredible journey.

This is his first trainer back in 2009

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-ge ... ainer.html

I can promise you one thing and that is, that whatever people thought they knew about training end at here.

This trainer becomes mental, spiritual and physical journey.
By Sypher187
Almost to embarrassed to say.

In the beginning of his first trainer in 2013 I was 121Kg bodyfat was 26% I was obese.

At the end of his trainer 12 weeks later I was 100Kg and BodyFat 13%.

Then a year passed of me not really actively doing much.

So today I am back at 118.5Kg bodyfat close to 18%

So starting tomorrow I am going to transform my physique.

Starting with legs on Day 1 Tomorrow.
Day 1. Monday March 1st 2015. 6:00am

The day of reckoning is here. Its time to slaughter my slumber and create life. Some people like to fornicate and give birth to human production, I want to go head-to-head with myself and multiply muscle fibers. The more I can batter myself into magnification mutation, the more life that will live inside of me. It makes the senses that much more astounding. **** life how it is supposed to be. Life will be how I want it to be.

The places where I push my mental capacity and drag my body will be unnatural to a human environment and circumstance. This is the only way we can attain unnatural results …..naturally. When people…the unbelievers…witness the change, I can predict the assumption of their insecurities. Once my assumptions have been confirmed by these weak, I have succeeded.
Slowly but surely preparing myself for the mental and physical tournament that is about to become my reality for the next 12 weeks, motivation feels sky high, already have 4 meals in just waiting for the clock to strike 6 o clock.

Edit: @shoreknee, Yes it is the one where he trains in India. I am not going to lie he changed a lot from the humble hardcore self he was in the beginning, but this journey has sentimental value to me so I support him regardless.
Leg press: 4 sets of
8-12 reps

Split squat: 3 sets of
8-12 reps

Hack squat: 3 sets of
8-12 reps

Barbell stiff-legged
deadlift: 4 sets of 8-12
reps

Lying leg curl: 5 sets
of 8-12 reps

Seated calf raise: 4
sets of 8-12 reps

Standing calf raise: 4
sets of 8-12 reps

Bent-knee hip raise:
4 sets of 8-12 reps

I am prepared, my body is ready!

( I will add the program in the attachment in case any one is interested.
Day 1 Legs
(20.07 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
All of the mental preparation and visualization came to the front and carried me. If everyone knew how to tap into it, it would be made illegal – I believe its that good. Its the most underrated and underused tool available to us. The legs and abs workout took around 90 minutes and then I went straight into some HIIT.

I can't describe this old feeling that surfaced again today, when I walked out of that gym the only thing that went through my mind was: "Hello, my old friend."
Fck, my body is screaming for fuel, I made myself a protein shake with oats now, I was suppose to aim for 3500 cal today, but I passed that about 1000 cal ago already, but I am going to listen to my body and feed this monster so it can recover otherwise it will bite me in the face tomorrow morning morning when I am sore and under nutritioned. Its all clean but my carcass is telling me it needs it. I’ll give it what it cries for otherwise it will turn on me tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning at 6 going to hit the gym for a chest and triceps onslaught, then a cross fit session 5pm the afternoon.
Body is very sore today, I was planning on getting up to gym early before work and then get a crosfit session after work, but turned out a bit different. Woke up this morning at 5:15am and went straight back to bed had absolutely NO energy and knew I am going to waste a workout if I am going to do it with my current intensity level, so I slept till 6:45, got up got ready for work and am going to do the Chest and Tricep workout today at 5pm.

Luckily the crossfit session has nothing to do with the program, I just wanted to try it, beforehand because I know weekends are active rests etc.
Website legitimacy

Good evening. Does anybody know if https://sa-ana[…]

I hate seeing stories like this one. That's mental[…]

Why Belly Fat is Hard to Lose

"Why Belly Fat is Hard to Lose" Is that […]

HMT Amped Hardcore Fat Burner

Silly us... Yohimbe is inside there (just look clo[…]