South African Bodybuilding and Fitness

South African Bodybuilding, Strength, and Fitness forum - "Knowledge is Confidence". We offer nutrition advice, health-and-fitness tools, a highly engaged and supportive fitness community, and resources that are 100% free. Our bodybuilding and fitness forum inspires, motivates, and supports our members to build healthy and sustainable habits. Far beyond just weight loss, MuscleTalk helps everyone learn to eat better and exercise regularly - for life.

Post your workout journals online so others can see what you are doing and follow your progress!
I went to the gym today again to do arms once more and you know what, I have been holding this is for some fcking while now, but can't any longer, the more I look around the more I see puny humans who gyms with their cellphone constantly busy on the phone constantly doing god knows what on those devices.

I go to the gym and think back of the days when men still worked out, I think back to the days where when you are exhausted and have nothing left in the tank and then you look around and you draw inspiration from the greater men around you and you look at them for motivation to complete your set.

Now I look around in the gym and all I see is lesser men, inferior men, weak men, men attached to taking fcking pictures and texting in my church, men who is a disgrace to my fcking home, my sanctuary. How I loathe these lesser beings.

Arnold said it best: "Wenn schon, denn schon" if you do something, then Do it. go all out.
By Bigfitness
Wenn schon, denn schon. I live by that!!
Spend this weekend to re-calibrate and re-adjust my goals, cleared my head, I'm far too sensitive when it comes to absorbing peoples energies around me. So I need this alone time to re-calibrate heart and mind.

I am a 100 times more mentally motivated now then when I started tomorrow is chest and triceps, we are starting with the FTS-7 training system for this week since we did three weeks of Y3T and finished the annihilation week.

#MurderIt187
Sypher187 wrote:I went to the gym today again to do arms once more and you know what, I have been holding this is for some fcking while now, but can't any longer, the more I look around the more I see puny humans who gyms with their cellphone constantly busy on the phone constantly doing god knows what on those devices.

I go to the gym and think back of the days when men still worked out, I think back to the days where when you are exhausted and have nothing left in the tank and then you look around and you draw inspiration from the greater men around you and you look at them for motivation to complete your set.

Now I look around in the gym and all I see is lesser men, inferior men, weak men, men attached to taking fcking pictures and texting in my church, men who is a disgrace to my fcking home, my sanctuary. How I loathe these lesser beings.

Arnold said it best: "Wenn schon, denn schon" if you do something, then Do it. go all out.
Such powerful emotion in your post's sypher, really motivated to get a glimpse of your mind etc. Good luck with the FTS-7 today.
I appreciate it Rolan.

I got back from the gym at 9pm, it was crazy, I felt like an animal, earlier on when I gymed people will often stand next to me and invade my sacred space, not tonight, I could feel the intimidation surrounding me, the way I like it, surrounded in my own bubble of lactic acid, taking a swim, embracing the pain, that brief minutes that feels like an eternity.

Darkness has shifted. I compress it into a thick tar that gets thrown up during my reps. When I walk out, I no longer convulse in defense at the world. I’ve met my match. I want it more day by day. I own this time. No more wasted time, not anymore, not ever.

I don't think I have ever pushed chest as hard as I did today I ended the decline with 4 sets of 12 reps with 38Kg and it didn't even phase me, I should have bumped it to 45Kg, but next time I know.

Day 22 Chest & Triceps:
(20.32 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Tonight is gonna be a late one - workout, eat, asleep by 12 hopefully.

Had some major fck up with the forum today and tonight, our host made a boo boo and we lost a shit load of stuff, but the restoring is going good, but yea have some work to do and then other work to, but wait let me get to the workout feedback.

I went to the gym a bit unmotivated to be honest, someone stepped on my earphones yesterday so they are history and my mp3 player is broken ( separate incident ) so I gymed on this modern BS, Look I'm sorry. I just want to warn you guys if you didn't notice already I am a hardcore person in general and very very very old school, I don't like hip, I don't like your eargasm bang your face of music I dont like techno in the gym I sure as heck don't want to listen to KFM's top 40 hits whilst I am busy obliterating and disform every single inch of my anatomy, all I want is my escape outside the norm surrounded in my circle, my beloved bubble of pain and annihilation, my home.

So yea gymed with that BS banging in my eardrums so honestly, yea I killed it tonight, but I am not satisfied, I could have pushed it harder. So I am going to be on the lookout for a new Mp3 Player and earphones as in A.S.A.P ( I don't like the "word" asap, so when I type "asap" please read it in a slow voice like this: "A" .. pause .. "S" .. pause .. "A" .. pause .. "P".

Anyhow here is the workout:
Dumbbell military
press: 4 sets of
8-10 reps, 60-90
sec. rest
Seated side
lateral raise: 3
sets of 8-10 reps,
60-90 sec. rest
Incline straight
raise: 3 sets of
8-10 reps, 60-90
sec. rest
Reverse machine
fly: 3 sets of 8-10
reps, 60-90 sec.
rest
1/2
Smith machine
shoulder press: 7
sets of 8-10 reps,
60-90 sec. rest
Barbell roll-out: 3
sets to failure,
60-90 sec. rest
Cross-body
crunch: 7 sets of
8-10 reps 30 sec
rest
Cardio: 15
minutes 3 min.
easy, 1 min. hard

Day 24:
(20.23 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

( My post from yesterday disappeared in this host debackle )

Yesterday short summary, workout was split in two, AM and PM, AM went well, PM went so so the earphone episode happened there. I also did a fitness class and nailed it, so I felt good.

Day 23:
AM
(19.65 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
PM
(19.7 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
By Sypher187
So god damn tired today, had a terrible terrible nights sleep
Did the fitness class and it went real well, my fitness is picking up, the workout was bleh, it's a las without music, so I am going to buy myself a mp3 player and earphones tomorrow before my next workout.

The workout:

Wide-grip
pull-up: 2 sets of
10-12 reps to
failure, 90-120
sec. rest V-bar pull-up: 2
sets of 10-12 reps
to failure, 90-120
sec. rest

Single-arm
dumbbell row: 4
sets of 8-10 reps,
90-120 sec. rest

T-bar row: 4 sets
of 8-10 reps,
90-120 sec. rest

Barbell shrug: 2
sets of 12-15
reps, 90-120 sec.
rest
1/2

Seated cable
row: 7 sets of
8-10 reps, 60 sec.
rest Cardio: 15
minutes 3 min.
easy, 1 min. hard

Day 25
(20.11 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
By Sypher187
What a day! I will post an update tomorrow.
Yesterday , I went to the mall shopped around for a mp3 player, got a little Phillips badboy for 400 buks and then bought me some better earphones too, I went home charged him loaded the music and then I head over to the gym and absolutely destroyed arms, got back home, just be invited to a party so fast forward a few hours. it's now 12:30am and I am still drinking water from a jug, that's the thing when you on this program friday night if you want to go out orders two jugs and drink those badboys, just remember to take a shake or something every 2 - three waking hours, I had a round 2 shakes and 2 protein bars before I got in bed.

Friday Day 26's workout:

Cable preacher
curl: 4 sets of
8-10 reps, 90 sec.
rest

Alternating
incline dumbbell
curl: 3 sets of
8-10 reps, 90 sec.
rest

Lying cable curl:
3 sets of 8-10
reps, 90 sec. rest

Spider curl: 7
sets of 8-10 reps,
90 sec. rest

Seated calf raise:
3 sets of 20 reps,
90 sec. rest

Leg press calf
press: 3 sets of
20 reps, 90 sec.
1/3
rest
2/3

Donkey calf
raise: 7 sets of 20
reps, 30 sec. rest

Cardio: 15
minutes 3 min.
easy, 1 min. hard

Day 26:
(20.54 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Went to the gym this morning and I did cardio, but before that I did triceps and biceps, because I recover quickly and just feel 2 days rest for me is a bit much.

I got home and spoiled myself :

Gorgeous Chicken, Honey, whole grain mustard and cush cush.
By Sypher187
So today was an active rest day, I climbed a mountain...

What mountain you ask?

Well Table Mountain!!

I am broken, my legs don't work anymore and my body is red.

This was the biggest obstacle in my life I ever had to overcome.
Yes started with GVT and it's killing me!

Today was fcking intense and my legs are still sore from yesterday, I am sorry I am a bit busy lately so I will start posting a lot more closer to the weekend.

Today was Day 30 Chest and Abs

Dumbbell
bench press:
10 sets of 10
reps, rest
45-60 sec.

Dumbbell
incline fly: 5
sets of 10
reps, rest
60-90 sec.

Dumbbell