South African Bodybuilding and Fitness

South African Bodybuilding, Strength, and Fitness forum - "Knowledge is Confidence". We offer nutrition advice, health-and-fitness tools, a highly engaged and supportive fitness community, and resources that are 100% free. Our bodybuilding and fitness forum inspires, motivates, and supports our members to build healthy and sustainable habits. Far beyond just weight loss, MuscleTalk helps everyone learn to eat better and exercise regularly - for life.

Post your workout journals online so others can see what you are doing and follow your progress!
ricardinho wrote:Hey Man

When you did the 12 week daily trainer, did you ever have Ostrich instead of beef?

I'm on Chest n Back today...DTP session. I'm already a nervous wreck thinking about it :?
I did ostrich a lot. I don't really like the taste, but ostrich fillets was really affordable and a great source of protein for me. So in my opinion by all means, I also did weird shit like eat turkey.
Sorry for all the questions..

So I started out on 76kg...and 10 and a half weeks in, im pretty much stuck on 67 for the last week or so.
Not sure, if I should be dropping more or not, as my abs only recently like a week ago started showing nicely...but iv still got some tummy fat going.

As for cardio, I dont have stairs in my area so I go for fast walks...morning and nights as the program states. I do have an elliptical machine but 25mins of that is pretty extreme on workout days. (i guess im too used to walking now).

Should I be upping my cardio for these last 2 weeks? I really want to lean out as much as possible.

THANKS dude..
ricardinho wrote:Sorry for all the questions..

So I started out on 76kg...and 10 and a half weeks in, im pretty much stuck on 67 for the last week or so.
Not sure, if I should be dropping more or not, as my abs only recently like a week ago started showing nicely...but iv still got some tummy fat going.

As for cardio, I dont have stairs in my area so I go for fast walks...morning and nights as the program states. I do have an elliptical machine but 25mins of that is pretty extreme on workout days. (i guess im too used to walking now).

Should I be upping my cardio for these last 2 weeks? I really want to lean out as much as possible.

THANKS dude..
Hi man, no, questions are good, that is the sole purpose of this forum is to offer support to people's questions.

In my opinion and Kris says this alot, do not be to concerned about the weight, look at the measurements and bodyfat % instead. Regarding your abs, abs are made in the kitchen. Of course it will not hurt to up your cardio, but pay close attention to what you are eating these last two weeks, cut back on unnecessary calories as much as possible, it's the final stretch, in these last two weeks you don't give a shit, do extra cardio, do extra sets, make up for the first month you where still doubtful, I now i only started taking it serious from week 5 to be honest.

Your abs will only start showing on week 10 most of the time if we look at all the people that commented on bodyspace, myself included i only started seeing it at the end of week 9. This last two weeks is going to be crucial this is where you pack on and alter your whole physique. You are literally going to work in 3 months worth of training in as little as two weeks with the DTP that is coming.
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback dude

Regarding what you said about cutting back on unnecessary calories:
Im following the foods to a T at the moment, and having very 50g of carbs with all my meals (half cup), which comes down to 200g the entire day (excluding the oats in the morning). Can I cut this even more?
ricardinho wrote:Hey,

Thanks for the feedback dude

Regarding what you said about cutting back on unnecessary calories:
Im following the foods to a T at the moment, and having very 50g of carbs with all my meals (half cup), which comes down to 200g the entire day (excluding the oats in the morning). Can I cut this even more?
Joh that is already low i think no keep it where it is, of course this depends what carbs you are getting in? I always preferred sweet potato, I know it's a real las to prepare each time, but my gosh that is a clean clean clean carb.

If your carbs are pure and clean already then my best advice would be to have faith in the process and trust in the final destination by picking up the intensity, push harder during cardio sessions. If you can, do more abs... I know spot reduction is not possible, but there is a reason why kris does abs everyday in his new trainer, this is definitely something I would now incorporate if i do that program again.
shoreknee wrote:
ricardinho wrote:Perfect! Thanks buddy...

Will keep in touch!
Also remember that breathing is the most important part of ab work. Out on the squeeze so that there is no air allwing full contraction.
Brilliant ! Brilliant advice, I completely overlooked to mention it, I often forget it is something not everyone is naturally inclined to do.

+1
Sypher187 wrote:
shoreknee wrote:

Will keep in touch!
Also remember that breathing is the most important part of ab work. Out on the squeeze so that there is no air allwing full contraction.
Brilliant ! Brilliant advice, I completely overlooked to mention it, I often forget it is something not everyone is naturally inclined to do.

+1
Will do guys!
shoreknee wrote:

Will keep in touch!
+1 to this, I often see people do abs without proper breathing rendering most of these workout very sub par.
Here is today's workout!

Seated dumbbell
shoulder press: 4
sets of 18-20 reps

Seated side lateral
raise: 4 sets of
18-20 reps

Dumbbell lying
rear-delt raise: 4
sets of 18-20 reps

Dumbbell incline
front raise: 3 sets