South African Bodybuilding and Fitness

South African Bodybuilding, Strength, and Fitness forum - "Knowledge is Confidence". We offer nutrition advice, health-and-fitness tools, a highly engaged and supportive fitness community, and resources that are 100% free. Our bodybuilding and fitness forum inspires, motivates, and supports our members to build healthy and sustainable habits. Far beyond just weight loss, MuscleTalk helps everyone learn to eat better and exercise regularly - for life.

This is the place for our new members to introduce themselves and say hello to the rest of the forum.
By Sypher187
Yea could see Kris was fckign hard on himself afterwards there
By Sypher187
Not sure, that is day 9 ( today )... so i will be able to tell you tomorrow :P on day 10
By Sypher187
He recovered. Well he is recovering, but still not fine. He went the hospital and receives daily fisio etc
By shoreknee
Yeh something I don't have the luxury of.

Trained legs yesterday and squatted light. Knees are not happy with me.

Maxxed out the leg extension machine so I'm pretty happy with that.
By Sypher187
I trained legs on monday and to be honest i find it so difficult to actually max out, Like I got tired as shit, but the next day I did not feel a thing, which is strange because my legs is actually not a "trained" bodypart on my body. So from now on I will add a few more sets whilst doing this trainer.
By shoreknee
Sypher187 wrote:I trained legs on monday and to be honest i find it so difficult to actually max out, Like I got tired as shit, but the next day I did not feel a thing, which is strange because my legs is actually not a "trained" bodypart on my body. So from now on I will add a few more sets whilst doing this trainer.
I have the same issue hehe. If it wasn't for my knees I wouldn't really know I trained legs.

Although I have incorporated Romanian Deadlifts into my routine to strengthen the hammies and I do feel a bit "toight" behind the legs the next day.
By shoreknee
So I have some good news.

Last week I decided to squat and not do any leg extensions. Only a few re3ally light sets to warm up the knees. Lo and behold I had zero pain while squatting and zero pain the day after.

It seems like the extensions are putting strain on my ligaments or something.

So happy that I can squat again.
By Rolan
shoreknee wrote:So I have some good news.

Last week I decided to squat and not do any leg extensions. Only a few re3ally light sets to warm up the knees. Lo and behold I had zero pain while squatting and zero pain the day after.

Amazing! I am glad you can squad, recently I decided not to squad anymore, I only do it on high reps like 20 -30 and then to get size I now only rely on the leg press and Hack Squad Machine.
By shoreknee
Rolan wrote:
shoreknee wrote:So I have some good news.

Amazing! I am glad you can squad, recently I decided not to squad anymore, I only do it on high reps like 20 -30 and then to get size I now only rely on the leg press and Hack Squad Machine.
Why you skipping squats? If I was allowed only one exercise at gym it would be squats.

Squatted again last night and it's feeling 100%. Now to get my strength up..
By StrontiumDog
I have heard it said that leg extensions are a kneee destroyer. Google it cause i am going on memory here :)
By shoreknee
StrontiumDog wrote:I have heard it said that leg extensions are a kneee destroyer. Google it cause i am going on memory here :)
100%. As you can see I found this out the hard way.

I haven’t done leg extensions in over a month now. Haven’t had one bit of knee pain, and I've been squatting everyday.
By davidslaton2015
shoreknee wrote::mrgreen: Now that I got your attention:

Found this site on mybroadband and hoped that I could help get some activity going here.

I'm not hectically into "bodybuilding" as such but I have been going to the gym 6 days a week for the past 2 months. Loving each second of it.
I've put on about 5 - 6kg in that time. Which is good as I started out at about 70kg. Pushing for 80.

Looking forward to some advice and banter.
Welcome aboard!

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

After all the rain, and even hail in some parts of[…]

New Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa has on[…]

HMT Amped Hardcore Fat Burner

Earlier versions had Yohimbe iirc would be interes[…]

INTRODUCTION This thread will attempt to cover a […]