South African Bodybuilding and Fitness

South African Bodybuilding, Strength, and Fitness forum - "Knowledge is Confidence". We offer nutrition advice, health-and-fitness tools, a highly engaged and supportive fitness community, and resources that are 100% free. Our bodybuilding and fitness forum inspires, motivates, and supports our members to build healthy and sustainable habits. Far beyond just weight loss, MuscleTalk helps everyone learn to eat better and exercise regularly - for life.

Everything about the world of supplements!

Moderator: Sypher187

By inspiredfahim
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and looking for some genuine advice on my journey to be fitter and better.
So, I am on a weight loss regime which involves an hour of intense cardio first thing in the morning followed by a good balanced diet for the rest of the day. I have read that irrespective of whether we want to gain or lose weight, having a protein shake within 30 minutes post workout is beneficial to our body and does not contribute to unhealthy fat gain. I would like to know if there are any advantages or disadvantages of having a protein shake post workout when on a weight loss regime.

P. S. I am planning to take the protein shake only on the days on which I workout i.e. 3 days workout and then a day's rest.
By BobLift
Welcome to the forum buddy!

Having a protein before your workout will allow you to have more energy, resulting in your workouts feeling stronger, but you will not burn as much fat when you workout.

After your workouts, it is commonly accepted that your body acts like a sponge for about an hour while your muscles attempt to collect nutrients to repair what was torn down during the workout. That is why it is important to have a quality source of protein immediately after your workouts.

I would tend to say having your protein after your workouts is more important.

If you are fat and/or you had a decent meal within the last 3 or 4 hours, that protein drink before a workout is not really needed because your body has energy stored up and ready to burn.

If you are very lean and/or cutting calories to drop some weight, then you are likely to show up at the gym with no energy. To prevent this, take 10 to 25 grams of protein 30 to 60 minutes before going to the gym. This does not need to be 100% protein, and it would even be good to have some carbs in there to help make you feel pumped in the gym.
By thepast123
BobLift wrote:Welcome to the forum buddy!

Having a protein before your workout will allow you to have more energy, resulting in your workouts feeling stronger, but you will not burn as much fat when you workout.

After your workouts, it is commonly accepted that your body acts like a sponge for about an hour while your muscles attempt to collect nutrients to repair what was torn down during the workout. That is why it is important to have a quality source of protein immediately after your workouts.

I would tend to say having your protein after your workouts is more important.

If you are fat and/or you had a decent meal within the last 3 or 4 hours, that protein drink before a workout is not really needed because your body fat scale has energy stored up and ready to burn.

If you are very lean and/or cutting calories to drop some weight, then you are likely to show up at the gym with no energy. To prevent this, take 10 to 25 grams of protein 30 to 60 minutes before going to the gym. This does not need to be 100% protein, and it would even be good to have some carbs in there to help make you feel pumped in the gym.
Hello,
I want to know which technique is the best for losing body weight fast???
By Bigfitness
thepast123 wrote: Hello,
I want to know which technique is the best for losing body weight fast???
Eat clean and train - Weight training. Build muscle to burn fat.
Pain Killer pills for sale

Ketamine,Roxycodone,methadone,LSD,Shrooms,Dmt,Mari[…]

Pain Killer Pills For Sale

Do you need some Ketamine,Roxycodone,methadone,LS[…]

Pain Killer Pills for sale

Do you need some Ketamine,methadone,LSD,Shrooms,D[…]

Hit me up if you need some Ketamine,methadone,LSD,[…]